2003 (Regular) -> 2004 (Black)
Legal status: Freeware. Any sample of designs
using Pastas are welcomed by Sergio.
Classification: Fancy unclassified type
Description: Trash modern titling type
and year of birth:
His life in brief: Sergio Jiménez
is an illustrator who lives and works between Toledo and Madrid. He
is producer, editor and designer of the spanish independent project
The project includes a experimental graphic lab, illustrations and ezines
collaborations and the limited edition of Sub_ magazine, a publication
focused on contemporay illustration, graphic design and typography.
Sergio Jiménez has worked for videos where have mixed type design
and motion graphics and presently, he shares his work as art director
for Replica Studio with his thesis about amateurism and graphic design.
He has published illustrations and typography in numerous magazines
like Belio, Arkitip, Viewofthetimes, Vanidad, Snowplanet, Blank, etc...
He loves amateur type.
10 things about Pastas font by Sergio
1. Pastas is a lovely, fresh, and friendly font.
2. It is a kind of thing which can be called naive amazing font.
3. Pastas is not a innovation. It imitates the handmade style
of Sergio Jiménez.
4. It was drawn in a sketchbook and then “educated” in Fontographer.
5. Pastas loves disorder. So, do not think in Pastas
as a serious font.
6. Pastas was my girlfriend, now Pastas is my lover.
7. When I created Pastas, I didn’t know how to use the
kern, the track, and the metrics. I think I’m still in a trouble
8. Pastas is passion, not fashion.
9. It is useful (I think).
10. Someday Pastas will be in a important logo.